|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code Members Screenshots|
- 27 Dec 15: Outbox 0.1 was released.
- 27 Nov 03: Outbox project launched.
- Thanks to Gusztav for making Outbox check all accounts.
- Thanks to Chris Neale for reviewing and cleaning up the code, which will result in an upcoming release.
- Thanks to the Toggle Preview Pane extension crew. We shamelessly ripped off their code.
- Would you like to lend a hand? Post to the mailing list
Welcome to the Outbox project
What is Outbox?
Outbox is a simple extension for Mozilla Thunderbird that adds a Send Later button to the Compose windows and Send and Send/Get buttons to the main Thunderbird toolbar, thus making the Send Later and Send Unsent Messages features more accessible.
Outbox is 0.1 software. It works on my OS X Panther computer, running Thunderbird 0.4, and has been tested by a small group of people. I highly recommend that you backup your Thunderbird profile before installing this extension. If you don't know how to do that, you probably shouldn't install this extension.
How to use
- Install the extension (Save the extension on your desktop, then install it)
- Restart Thunderbird
- In the main Thunderbird toolbar, Control-Click (OSX) or Right-Click (Windows, AFAIK) in the Toolbar and click on Customize. Drag the Send/Get or Send buttons to your toolbar
- Do the same thing in the Compose toolbar and drag the Send Later button to your toolbar
To-do list (patches are welcome):
- When quitting Firebird, ask user if s/he wants to send unsent messages if there are any (no way I can do this - so I'd love to get a patch for this). A simple first step in that direction would be to automatically send unsent message upon quitting. If you send me a patch for that, I'll release that alongside the 'standard' Outbox extension
- Make it work with any theme
- Organize the code in a more standard, clean way
This is a page with user notes on it.~